Sunday, March 23, 2008

Edge Walking

Today practice edge walking. Unless you are close to the edge, you will never experience the fear of falling and will never appreciate the path completely.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand - but wonder how I protect my heart if I am too close to the edge.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the notion that it was your responsibility to "protect your heart"? EW

The Pyle's in Sterling Heights said...

Woo hoo. I understood an entire entry. Some of us are forced to walk on the edge, there is no alternative. BHP

LOVE LETTERS TO THE UNIVERSE said...

..or, more likely, we choose to walk on the edge as it is the only way to truly experience the fullness of being.KMH

Anonymous said...

walking on the edge seems to be an inherently selfish endeavor. It is important to understand that one's fall can have a profound effect on many others and that there are times in life for taking those risks and reaping the rewards and times in life that stepping away from the edge is the more selfless act.

Anonymous said...

bri stole my line...kpm...

LOVE LETTERS TO THE UNIVERSE said...

I am curious - why are we concerned with the risk of walking on the edge and the need to be selfless? Is it selfish to pursue knowledge and understanding that risks the status quo? Is edge walking in and of itself dangerous - or is there a greater danger in playing it safe and refusing to look beyond ourselves and experience the limitless nature of being. To me edge walking is about testing our capacity to be all that we are intended to be. It is not about risking life and limb - but about risking the status quo and discovering life in new and different ways. If it scares us - or the ones we love - is this a bad thing? KH

The Pyle's in Sterling Heights said...

i agree with KH. I think playing it safe is even more dangerous than walking on the edge. If one plays it safe will they ever really know their true self? If you don't know who you are then you can hurt the ones you love more. I know at a very young age KH was pushed to the edge, but she perservered and survived, and raised 3 more edge walkers. Maybe comfort is what you are used to. I am an edge walker loud and proud. Thanks mom

Kathleen said...

Thanks sweet son. I am proud of your courage and willingness to travel internally as well as externally. Love, Mom